Tuesday, October 16, 2007

YSC07R3 - Yucky Swaparoo Coodinators 07 Round 3 Challenge

This is my card created for the DSS Coordinator Yucky SwapARoo...I had a blast altering the goodies I was sent by AJ. She did a fantastic job sending a variety of supplies that I love.

On my first attempt at putting it all together it was most definitely some "YUCKY" results...but after much altering and playing with different mediums it turned out to be ok.

I hope the recipient likes it: Diane860. *grin*

If you would like to read the ingredients for this card...pop on over to SCS:

be merry

My gallery includes all the ingredients. I tried to edit the details but SCS is turtle slow the afternoon...So, here's the deets:

I stamped the Leigh-Hannan (Impression-Obsession) BG stamp onto the Real Red CS, using lavender ink and onto the craft CS with Real Red ink. I added the designer edged paper (from a Cosmo Cricket kit) onto the left side and top of the craft CS. I stamped with Black StazOn ink onto the shimmery white CS and inked the edges creating a "faux layer". Then layered with another piece of shimmery white (when I mounted the two pieces). The bottom layer is "popped" using DS foam adhesive. The snowman's body was texturized using a mixture of mediums (Liquid Applique, tacky adhesive, and Pearl Paint). I heated the snowman's body with the heat gun which resulted in a bubbly effect. Gel pens were used on the scarf and the button brads, and other pieces of cardstock. I added the embellishments and VOILA...I was FINALLY satisfied.

If you have any questions just let me know...that's a ton to take in.

1 comment: